A Changing Habits recipe
If you want to provide a non-chemical based vitamin C for yourself and your family, then Camu Camu powder is a must have! It is one of the richest sources of nature-based vitamin C available and based on scientific research, is more powerful than isolated, processed ascorbic acid (synthetically made Vit C). Camu Camu contains approximately 460x more Vit C than an orange, making it an incredibly immune boosting natural food supplement and a perfect addition to these immune boosting gummies. Manuka honey is also added for its antibiotic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which helps the body to fight infection and prevent the growth of bad bacteria. It’s soothing to the digestive system and also helps remove toxins from the blood, as well as aiding the liver to function more efficiently. Gelatin is used not only for the setting agent, but also because of its immune boosting properties, aids sleep, easily digestible, supports skin, nail, hair and teeth health, aids detoxification and so much more!
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 10 mins
3.5-4.5 Tbsp grass-fed organic gelatin
1 cup filtered water
Zest of 1 lemon or orange
1-2 Tbsp Manuka honey
3/4 cup orange or lemon juice (mandarin is great too)
1 - 1.5 Tbsp camu camu powder
1. Mix the gelatin and filtered water together in a small saucepan, set aside for a couple minutes and allow it to thicken and 'bloom' . (Please Note: the more gelatin you add, the harder your gummies will turn out).
2. Once the gelatin and water have thickened, add the saucepan to the stove top and dissolve the gelatin on a low heat.
3. Once the gelatin has completely dissolved, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Then stir through all the other ingredients to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into a pouring jug (for ease) and carefully pour the mix into little moulds. Place in the fridge to set. Depending on the size of your moulds it will make around 50-60 bite sized gummies.
5. When they have set, remove the gummies from their moulds and place into an air tight container and keep them in the fridge. If you have trouble removing the gummies from the moulds, use a small teaspoon to make it easier (they won't look as pretty though).
Naturopath, Nutritionist and Herbalist