This morning I went to make my favourite Bliss Balls for Easter. I usually use the I Quit Sugar recipe, as it is so chocolatey, and not too sweet.
But halfway through getting prepped I realised that I only had a tiny amount of nut butter. So I substituted half with tahini. The result was very successful! Tahini adds a creaminess plus loads of calcium - definitely a winner.
1. Place nuts and oats in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. The mix should be slightly chunky to help hold the balls together.
2. Place nut and oat mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir through the cacao, cinnamon, chia seeds and sea salt. Add the nut butter, tahini and rice malt syrup.
3. Using your hands, rub the ingredients together. The mix should be quite dry and will not stick together. Gradually add in the hot water, using your hands to work the moisture through the mixture.
5. Once mix starts to come together, shape mixture into balls.
6. Roll in desiccated coconut and store in an airtight container in the fridge to harden up before serving.
Naturopath, Nutritionist and Herbalist